Terms and Conditions
In these Terms, references to “we” or “us” are to Forty Acres Ltd (Company Registered in England no. 08975191), trading as Marlow & Henley Wine Co., whose registered office is 21 Barnards Hill, Marlow SL7 2NX. Our VAT no. is GB219834095
The placing of an order on our Website does not constitute a contract. Order acceptance and the contract between you and us will only be formed upon delivery to you of the products ordered unless we have notified you that we do not accept your order, or you have cancelled it.
All prices are quoted in pounds sterling. The prices include UK excise duty and VAT.
Although we endeavour to ensure that all pricing information on our Website is accurate occasionally an error may occur and products may be incorrectly priced. In the event that a product you have ordered is listed at an incorrect price we will contact you by telephone or email before delivering your products asking you to confirm if you still wish to proceed with your order at the correct price or cancel your order. If you do not confirm that you wish to proceed with the order within seven days of the date of our email, we will consider this is a withdrawal of your order.
We reserve the right to alter prices at any time, without notice; and to terminate any special offer at any time, without notice.
All products and services (such as delivery) are subject to availability.
Currently, we only deliver to Marlow (postcode area SL7), Henley-on-Thames (postcode area RG9), Cookham (postcode area SL6 9) and Bourne End (postcode area SL8). Details of delivery times will be available on our Website at the time of placing your order. Deliveries cannot currently be made outside these areas.
Deliveries will usually be made by us, but may occasionally be made by a third party carrier.
Cancellations, Replacements and Refunds
If you change your mind about your order, please contact us prior to delivery and order will be refunded.
If you buy any of our products and it is faulty or you don’t like it, please retain the packaging (even if empty), contact us, and we will replace it or refund it. We will replace or refund a maximum of one of the same product if opened (no maximum for unopened products).
All information (including credit card details) is sent and received using up-to-date secure e-commerce software.
We operate a strict Challenge 25 policy, so if you, as recipient of delivery, are lucky enough to look under 25, you will be asked to prove that you are aged over 18. We will only accept the following forms of identification: a valid UK photo driving licence, a valid National Passport or National ID card, or a Government Sponsored PASScard.
It is against the law for any person under the age of 18 to buy, or attempt to buy intoxicating liquor or for any person over the age of 18 to buy or attempt to buy intoxicating liquor for any person under the age of 18. By placing an order you confirm that you and the recipient of the wine are at least 18 years old.”
Please note that the images of the products on our website are for illustrative purposes only, and products may vary slightly from those images.
We will not be liable to you or to any third party for any loss, damage or costs which arise as a result of:
• Our products not being delivered on agreed day or at agreed time; or
• Your failure to lift, transport, store or otherwise handle any product in an appropriate and safe manner; or
• Any spillages or breakages involving our products.
Nothing in these Terms shall affect our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, for fraud, or any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
Intellectual Property Rights
All present and future copyright, design rights, unregistered designs, database rights, registered and unregistered trade marks and any other present and future intellectual property rights and rights in the nature of intellectual property rights existing in and to the Website including content published on them such as text, graphics, logos, banners, images, buttons, underlying source code and software, are owned by us or the applicable licensor. Nothing in these Terms shall be construed as an assignment to you of any such intellectual property rights.
Any use (including copying, reproduction, duplication, transmission, or display of the content of this website, without our express written permission) for purposes other than the viewing of information or for ordering purposes, is strictly prohibited.
Permission is granted to electronically copy, and to print in hard copy, portions of the Website for the sole purpose of placing an order with us or using the Website as a shopping resource.
- Vouchers/ coupons offers have no cash value and are not for sale
- Strictly over 18’s only
- Vouchers/coupons can be used once only and only one voucher is redeemable per person, per transaction and they cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer
- Vouchers/coupons, where stipulated, are for new customers only
- Our minimum spend threshold of £40 always applies
- Where stipulated, name of the customer that coupon has been received from should be added in ‘Additional Information’ when going through the checkout process
- Free products are subject to availability
- Expiry date is specified in the email
- Marlow & Henley Wine Co reserve the right to refuse a voucher being claimed should they feel the transaction is in breach of T&Cs
- We reserve the right to withdraw or cancel vouchers/coupons at any point, without explanation
- Delivery only available to Marlow (postcode area SL7), Henley-on-Thames (postcode area RG9), Cookham (postcode area SL6 9) and Bourne End (postcode area SL8). Deliveries outside these areas are not possible. We do not offer a ‘Click & Collect’ / collection option.
User comments and reviews
You may post reviews, ratings, messages, comments and other content which may be disclosed, submitted or offered to us on or through the Website or otherwise (“Submissions”).
This right is extended on condition that the Submissions are not illegal, obscene, abusive, threatening, defamatory, invasive of privacy, infringing of intellectual property rights, or otherwise injurious to third parties, or objectionable. Specifically, Submissions should not include software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters or mass mailings. You are solely responsible for your Submissions. We reserve the right, but not the obligation, to remove or edit any Submissions.
If you disclose, submit or offer any Submissions, unless indicated otherwise, you:
• Grant us a non-exclusive, irrevocable, perpetual, royalty-free and fully sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, publish, modify, adapt, translate, distribute, create derivative works from, and display such Submissions throughout the world in any media.
• Grant us and all sub-licensees the right to use the name that you submit in connection with such Submissions, if we so choose.
• Agree to waive your right to be identified as the author of such Submissions and your right to object to derogatory treatment of such Submissions.
• Represent and warrant that you own or otherwise control all of the rights to the Submissions; that, as at the date the Submission is disclosed, submitted or offered to us, such Submission is true, accurate and not misleading; use of the Submission will not cause injury to any person or entity (including that it is not defamatory), does not include the trade secret or confidential information of others and does not infringe any other person’s or entity’s rights. You agree to indemnify us for all claims brought by a third party against us arising out of or in connection with a breach of any of these warranties.
Terms and conditions for social media giveaways can be found on this page https://marlowhenleywine.co.uk/terms-and-conditions-for-social-media-competitions/
Privacy and data protection
We have taken all reasonable care in the preparation of the content of the Website. However, to the extent permitted by applicable law, we do not make any representations, warranties or terms of any kind in respect of the Website or its content (including, without limitation, its accuracy or any views or comments made). Access to and use of the Website and content on the Website is entirely at your own risk. We accept no liability for viruses or other device contaminants. You are recommended to take all appropriate safeguards (such as installing appropriate anti-virus software) and firewalls before downloading content from the Website.
We expressly exclude, to the fullest extent permitted by law, all liability of Forty Acres Ltd, its directors, employees and other representatives, howsoever arising, for any loss or damage suffered as a result of your (i) use of, or inability to use, the Website; or (ii) use of or reliance on any content displayed on the Website.
All content, text and graphics on the Website, unless specified, are directed solely at those who access the Website from the United Kingdom. We make no representation and will not be held liable for any use of the Website by individuals who access the Website from other locations.
Information transmitted via the Website will pass over public telecommunication networks. We make no representation or warranty that the operation of the Website will be uninterrupted or error free and we will not be liable to you if for any reason the Website are unavailable at any time or for any period or if there are any errors.
The Website may include links to websites and/or services owned and/or operated by third parties. These are provided for your convenience only. We are not responsible for and do not give any warranties or make any representations regarding any such websites and/or services, their content or your use of them.
Nothing in this section shall affect our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, our liability for fraud, or any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
This section does not affect your legal rights as a consumer in respect of any of our products. For more information about your legal rights, please contact your local Citizens Advice Service or Trading Standards.
These Terms are governed by the laws of England and the English courts shall have jurisdiction over any disputes arising under or in relation to them and any contract made under them.
If any of these Terms are found to be illegal, invalid or unenforceable by any court of competent jurisdiction, the rest of the Terms remain in full force and effect.
Only you and we are entitled to enforce these Terms. No third party is entitled to enforce any of these Terms, whether by virtue of the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 or otherwise.
We may freely transfer or assign any portion of our rights or delegate our obligations under these Terms. You are not entitled to transfer or assign, by operation of law or otherwise, any portion of your rights or delegate you obligations under these Terms without our prior written consent.